Monday, March 18, 2013

Stephanie Principal: Because Of You



Poland oh Poland
Where suffering and history make one
When I landed I did not know it would be so painful
Auschwitz has a vide sensation
Where the suffering seems endless

70 years ago millions of Jews were murdered
It seems like it was just yesterday
As I walked near that river
I could feel the cries and moans of the mothers, the child and many more

I could also feel and hear the ones being beaten
Why oh why God?
Many of them were asking that question
And here am I sitting here asking the same

Where was God in this moment of distress?
Why didn’t he come and help
Your people needed you and it took you an eternity to come
Then finally, you sent the help through the Americans, the Russians…

But was it too late?

Millions of them have perished
For the simple reason of being Jewish
Now that I am back
I have realized how much I grew up and matured
Thanks to Poland.


               

0 comments:

Post a Comment