Saturday, March 10, 2012

Kelsey: Warm Welcome

Me and my Polish Family
Dzień dobry! We are coming towards the end of our first day in Poland, half which was spent traveling to Oswiecem, Poland and the other half has been spent trying to adjust to a 6 hour time change (on about an hour’s sleep). The Center is beautiful and we’ve been treated with nothing but kindness and warm welcomes, especially from Sister Mary. Today was a special day for me. I had made arrangements to try to see my relatives that live in Poland and my cousin Anna (who’s wedding it was that I attended here a few years back), her husband Tomasz, her niece Iwona and their 18 month old daughter, Natalia, were able to visit me at the Center. It was so nice to be able to see them and catch up. I was so glad they took the time to stop by. Tomorrow will begin the real adventure as we start our day with a trip to Wadowice, the birthplace of Pope John Paul II. By then I should be well rested and have so much more to write about and pictures to show. Keep posted for more details. I will end with a quote from Pope John Paul II in honor of our visit tomorrow.

“When freedom does not have a purpose, when it does not wish to know anything about the rule of law engraved in the hearts of men and women, when it does not listen to the voice of conscience, it turns against humanity and society.”
- Pope John Paul II

0 comments:

Post a Comment