Sunday, March 15, 2015

Wadowice, Poland

Wadowice, Poland-Pope John Paul II Church
March 15. We tend to forget what day it is when you are in a different time zone enjoying yourself. Today was gorgeous outside, sun was out and almost 60 degrees. We traveled to see Pope John Paul II church/house. While taking the bus there you can see all there is too Poland, and that is land. Land, land and land. So much rural area but barely any people. There are beautiful rivers and colorful houses. You see cars parked and dogs running but no people outside. You can tell by the land, most people farm.
     When we arrived to the town, Wadowice, almost everything seemed to be closed. It seems as if weekends all stores are closed. I would love for New York to do that. The days in Poland are slow paced but seem to go quick. When viewing the museum of Pope John Paul II, I was fascinated. There is so much to know about him. Fun Fact: I did not know he started the world youth program. The picture you see above is the picture of Pope John Paul II church. He is a huge figure here in Poland and very much recognized. We went to church too, which was cool. I tried to keep up by doing the responses in English, but I could not tell if I was off with the lecture and responses or if their language is just really long.

     After Maria and I went to get ice cream which was hysterical. Trying to order ice cream when no one speaks English at the ice cream parlor is hard and funny. Long story short, I had to draw a cone out with my fingers so the lady behind the counter knew what I wanted. I cannot wait to see what else we have planned for the week!
By: Jordan Galindo  

0 comments:

Post a Comment